Pages

08.01.2011- Mulberry's Secret Garden

Saturday, 8 January 2011

When I saw Mulberry's SS11 collection from New York Fashion Week, I adored it. The feminine, flowery pieces really stood out, as did the pastel colour palette. This week, we got to see more of the collection as Mulberry unveiled the accompanying ad campaign, shot by Tim Walker, starring Lindsey Wixson, Nimue Smit and a rather cute piglet...


I love how the campaign captures Emma Hill's inspiration for this collection: Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden and the 1975 documentary Grey Gardens; it also instantly reminds me of spring, thanks to the stunning array of hydrangeas on display (I'm now seriously considering how feasible it is to have a room solely decorated with flowers!) And, if you're agonising over which of the new season bags to plump for, why not follow Lindsey and Nimue's lead and accessorise with the whole lot?

As well as the charming Tillie bag, which is forecast by those in the know to be this season's Alexa, my pick from the collection are these gorgeous Rose Gold Oxford Flats:

Heaven in shoe form, don't you think?

What are your thoughts on Mulberry's SS11 ad campaign? And what did you think of the collection?

* I also want to say a massive, huge and enormous thank you to you all for your lovely feedback on my last post, it really does mean the world and I've loved reading all your comments. ♥ *

(Image credit: NOIR FACADE and Mulberry.)

16 comments:

  1. those shoes are amazing! I wish I could buy them! Anywho I love your blog! I followed it!
    Check out my blog?
    http://fashionallure.blogspot.com/
    thank you (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these photos! they're hair looks awesome. and yes we agree, those shoes are adorable!!!

    thanks for your comment to our blog!
    always makes us smile :]

    we'll be back to visit you soon!
    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ads are gorgeous, as are the shoes. Mulberry is quite frankly perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! This is spookily timely for me as I am indeed struggling with which one I love the most - the new Tillie or the traditional Alexa! These shots are awesome and the whole look and feel of it is so Mulberry. I am in love with it all! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shoes! so lovely
    xoxo
    ulifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite Mulberry ad campaign for me by far. I'm lucky enough to own 2 handbags, and I think I've just spotted another one I need to add to my collection, oh yeah and a pair of shoes.

    L x

    http://goodladyliberty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need a mulberry bag asap!!!<3 i love each and every single bag !!!amazing post honey:)


    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ check it out when you can:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a fabulous collection! also loving those oxford flats - they're the most gorgeous pair of shoes i've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I'm loving the new mulberry bags! Thanks for showing us them!
    Thanks for the follow btw! love the blog, def following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the third and fourth pictures - AMAZING!

    Those shoes are very pretty too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Love those flowers! They're my favorite.

    Im your newest follower, hope youll want to follow me too : )

    www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing campaign! Love your blog.

    xox W

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with the pink skirt in the 4th picture (i think its the fourth) but he whole collection is adorable!!

    www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The model really pretty .love ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love the new mulberry campaign, and omg those flats are incredible! I just bought a pair of gold metallic oxfords myself off the highstreet; classic but with a quirky twist - love it!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground