Pages

18.01.2011- Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

When I saw Jessica Stam on the cover of the February edition of W Korea, as photographed by Catherine Servel, I was instantly reminded of Debbie Harry...

...with the platinum blonde hair, pale skin and smokey eyes, it's not hard to see where the inspiration for this cover shoot comes from. And, with the style of the 70's making something of a resurgence this spring, I can't think of anyone better than classic Debbie to turn to when trying to recreate the Studio 54 look:


What do you think of Debbie Harry's style? And who are your style icons?

(Image credit: fashiongonerogue and Google.)

15 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing!!!! Love Debbie Harry

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love debbie harry. shes so beautiful! and that mag cover is awesome too! thank you for your sweet comment on our blog! :]


    we'll be back to visit soon!
    xo, camilla & valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they really do look alike, I do like Debbie's style, I especially like the picture second from bottom xxx

    http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that cover is beautiful!
    Not sure I will be able to carry off a 70s glamour look but I will give the midi skirt a go. Not really sure I have a style icon but I love all the women in Mad Men x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blog dear :) following you! xox

    http://combo-monster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so beautiful! Love the header (I'm def a new follower too) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. jess stam is flawless. i wish we had more models on mag covers in the us. i'm tired of seeing celebs on the front of every mag cover!

    love this post

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is STUNNING. And I absolutely love Debbie's style. She was so edgy and sexy back in the day. A true fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love debbie harry and think she is a fantastic style icon


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie's style is epic. what a great shape and swagger. love her.
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. that cover is absolutly gorgoues!
    love your blog!

    follow me? :)
    xx

    heydoll16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I loveee that cover! And i love Jessica Stam! If only they sold W Korea over here! great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice ;)

    http://www.theupperfashion.com
    http://www.theupperfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground