Pages

26.10.2011- What I Wore Today #4

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

The events of today only served to confirm something I've thought for a long time- dressing for the Great British weather is one of the most impossible tasks known to man. Rain, wind, snow, hail- we have to contend with it all (usually in the space of a single day!), which can make choosing what to wear a mission in itself...

Dress- Topshop
Tights- River Island
Watch- Urban Outfitters

I'd been meaning to order this dress from Topshop when I first saw it online weeks ago, but when I eventually got around to adding it to my shopping basket, it had sold out. I'd completely given up on it until last week, when I found the one remaining dress in my size in the Oxford Circus flagship. You might call it luck, but to me that's fate- needless to say I snapped it up straightaway. Today I wore it for the first time, and within two minutes of leaving my house this morning, I was soaked (thank you, rain). Luckily, I dried out quite quickly and couldn't be happier with my new purchase. Now I just need to invest in a decent umbrella!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

11 comments:

  1. The dress looks lovely on, the colour really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel your pain with dressing for the British autumn. Absolutely ridic! Blimmin' adore your dress Sarah, perfect perfect colour! And I've given you a sneaky vote on the Westfield comp too (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, I really ought to read her book whenever I can get my little mitts on a copy! It sounds like a definite read!
    I love this dress so much! It's definitely going to be on my Things I Regret Not Buying- Part two! I can just tell I won't get round to it!


    Love From,
    Lily at Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so pretty; such a stunning colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you have this dress - I ordered it off the website a while ago, but it was far too big and long on me. It looks so lovely on you! The colour is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks lovely! The colour is so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dress i so pretty, i love the colour and the lace detail, its so dainty!
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is gorgeous!

    It looks really Christmasy :)

    Your hair is so nice too :)

    Jazz xo
    cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is absolutely stunning! Definitely fate that your size was the only one left in the store. Looks gorgeous on you.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this on you! would look fab with some black velvet x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground