Pages

20.11.2011- Sunday Style Spotlight #8: Zooey Deschanel

Sunday, 20 November 2011

I've been a fan of Zooey Deschanel's style for as long as I can remember. She's perfected a look which is unmistakably her own, consisting predominantly of cute, vintage inspired dresses, often with a nod to a classic 50s silhouette. As well as having a serious case of hair envy, I love her approach to fashion as it's unashamedly girly- she's a big fan of cute accessories, flowers and bow details, and her style borders perfectly on the conservative side of kooky...
This look is all about the dress. Anything that emphasises the waist and incorporates an A-line skirt is a sure fire way to evoke some of Zooey's sartorial charm. Colours are simple and sophisticated, and a cute flower detail here and there keeps things youthful and fun. And, if you're a fan of Zooey's music, be sure to complete the look with a copy of A Very She and Him Christmas!

What do you think of Zooey Deschanel's style? Are you a fan?

(Image credit: Look, Google Images, Topshop, Accessorize, Warehouse, Miss Selfridge and Rokit.)

9 comments:

  1. I'm a massive fan of Zooey D, i like her music more than her acting. The only music I've been listening to this year is She&Him.I got the xmas album a couple of weeks ago and so the festive season started a little early for me. And I've been watching Elf this week! Have you watched her new show New Girl? It's soooo funny. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Topshop dss is so stunning! I wish I had a spare £65 togo and buy it! It would be perfect for christmas time!
    She is stunning also! Love her hair :)
    X x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her!!! She has the best hair and the best style. Every once in a while someone will tell me that I look like her and it makes me really happy! Even though I don't look like her.

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zooey she is beautiful and so funny! Love all the films she has been in xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DITTO on the hair envy! She has that enviable effortless wave thing going on.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore her & she has such a cute little girls smile. & her new tv programme is pretty sweet too. You have a really lovely blog, followed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE her, she can do no wrong in my eyes, always such adorable outfits!
    also, loving this Topshop dress, haven't seen in it store, but now i want (*neeed!) it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I have such a girl-crush on Zooey, love her films and music *sigh*

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total girl crush on Zooey. I need that dress now too!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground