Pages

08.01.2012- Sunday Style Spotlight #12: Olivia Palermo

Sunday, 8 January 2012

Whilst I can't pretend that I completely understand The Hills or its metropolitan sister show The City (I blame being the only child of the MTV generation who has never had access to the channel!), the shows are responsible for the advent of one women fashion phenomena Whitney Port, Lauren Conrad and Olivia Palermo. Of all three, Olivia is the one I'm most familiar with, simply because she seems to pop up everywhere- especially during fashion week. I've started to really admire her style- cool, classic city dressing at its best, all of course topped off with that immaculately groomed (and rather enviable) hairstyle. Her signature look is modern, clean and quite fashion forward- she's not afraid to experiment with bold accessories and trend driven looks. In essence, her style is all about dressing up, co-ordination and mixing high end with high street:

This outfit is essentially a take on Olivia's more androgynous outfits, but I think each piece could be styled in a variety of ways as they are all so versatile. I adore this ruffle blouse from Diana Vickers' latest collection for very.co.uk, and the frilled details add a lovely feminine element to a look which could be quite harsh otherwise. These slim leg trousers from River Island are a wardrobe classic if ever I saw one- a simple, go to item which could be paired with anything. We all know Olivia's a big fan of Topshop, so these studded Vectra slippers seemed an obviously fashion-forward choice when attempting to recreate her look. Co-ordination is also key, so I included this metallic shopper from Zara (a steal at £19.99!) and continued the metallic detailing with this ASOS ring duo as a finishing touch.

What do you like of Olivia Palermo's style? Are you a fan?

(Image credit: Look, very.co.uk, River Island, Topshop, Zara and ASOS.)

6 comments:

  1. I think Olivia P is my all-time style crush. Oh what I wouldn't do to steal/have access to her accessories cupboard! Love that ruffle blouse you picked out, it's very Palermo indeed! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Olivia's style! She always look so stylish but she does it so effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Olivia Palermo's style, probably my most favourite person style wise ever. Shame she's such a bitch!
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her style, minimal, effortless and always carefully put together- winner :)

    xx

    ps Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don’t like her personality but I have to give it to her, she has great style and she is very beautiful! Your blog is lovely by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, her style is truly amazing! <3 I love love love the look with the white blazer - gorgeous!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground