Pages

15.01.2012- Ted Baker SS12

Sunday, 15 January 2012

On Wednesday, Sarah and I were invited along for a sneak peek of Ted Baker's SS12 collections at a very special fashion show held for 'Friends of Ted'- allowing the savvy staff who work in their stores a chance to preview what they'll be selling over the coming months (which I think is a great idea), and giving a handful of bloggers the chance to see the pieces up close and personal. The presentation was stunning, and I was really impressed by what I saw- high quality, high fashion looks, styled with a touch of English eccentricity and signature Ted touches...

The show started with an array of models wearing t-shirts spelling out 'Ted Rocks'- I adored their brightly coloured jeans.

Signature bows around the necks and in the hair of the models. 

I really liked this peplum detail two piece outfit- a great alternative to a traditional suit. 

Geek chic made an appearance too- I love the cut of this blazer.

Cute collar detail tops were teamed with contrasting trousers...

...accessorised with yet more bows and these amazing glasses!

This floral three piece outfit was a wonderfully quirky take on formal dressing.

I adored this muted grey outfit, complete with a beautifully ethereal butterfly print. 

These gorgeous prom style dresses were another highlight- the contrasting blue and brown digital print really reminded me of Erdem.

This was probably my favourite look from the show- a classic smock style tunic dress with a black lace effect...

...flared sleeves and a really cute collar. 

This vibrant yellow dress would be perfect for a summer holiday...

...as would this beautiful white lace look.

The show drew to a close with a selection of stunning formal wear, including this fit and flare dress...

...which had been styled with a very covetable pearl collar (trust me, it's at the top of my shopping list!)

These black and white lace dresses proved another highlight- with the brocade detailing on the bodice and hem adding some McQueen-esque high fashion magic. 

Finally, the show ended with a mini wedding procession- the perfect opportunity for the Ted team to showcase their vibrant array of occasionwear...

...and to round things off with a lot of sparkle!

 And, me being me, I couldn't resist showing you the lovely tea and cake we were treated to afterwards- featuring the best macaroons I've ever tasted!

Overall, it was a fantastic event, and I was really inspired by what I saw. Ted Baker's take on SS12 is fresh, colourful and driven by an innate sense of classic style which is just impossible to resist- I've already made a 'must buy' list as long as my arm of all of the pieces I'm going to be keeping an eye out for. Bring on the sunshine!

A big thank you to Siobhan at Ted Baker for the invite. 

Do you like the look of Ted Baker's SS12 collection? And are you a fan of the label?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Loving the collars and the peplum - Ted Baker have just sharply risen in my estimations xx

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the 50's inspired peplum twin sets, Erdem florals and the beautiful peter pan collars and heritage tweed.
    Ted Baker has a gorgeous SS12 collection. Lovely post and great blog,

    Haute-fly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection, really love the pearl collar! xo

    http://unicorn-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the geek sheek-ness outfits! i love how the blazers were teamed with the peter pan necked tee instead of just a shirt, i great touch of casualness :Dxxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground