Pages

22.01.2012- What I Wore Today #7

Sunday, 22 January 2012

This post is a little bit sneaky as it's one I've put together in retrospect- I wore this outfit yesterday to meet a friend for lunch and some shopping, choosing something which has become something of a wardrobe essential for me since I bought it last year:

Breton Top- French Connection
Jeans- Topshop
Bag- Topshop
Coat- Topshop

This breton top from French Connection is probably one of the best investment buys I've ever made- although I thought it was on the expensive side at the time I bought it, it's been through the wash more times than I can remember and it looks no different to the first time I wore it. It's a real classic, and although I'm aware it makes me look a bit 'boxy', it has become the perfect go-to top for me if I don't know what to put on or if I'm in a bit of a rush (as was the case yesterday morning!) I threw on my trusty Topshop coat (another firm favourite!) in an attempt to keep warm against the freezing wind, and staple jeans for comfort more than anything else. I picked up this bag from Topshop in their sale too- I loved it when I first saw it online, but was reluctant to pay £55 for something which I knew I'd struggle to fit all of my 'essentials' (!) into. When I saw it had been reduced to £25 a few weeks ago, I wasted no time in snapping it up!

So there you go- an outfit which isn't particularly adventurous, but one which is a firm favourite nonetheless.

What are your wardrobe staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with a stripey top!
    I just bought a stripey dress from River Island and can't wait to pair it up with my battered old satchel and comfy shoes. Simple outfits can sometimes be the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfit. I have a slouchy grey jumper that pretty much goes with anything! Definitely my wardrobe staple.

    Sophie x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the bag, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit! Your bag is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit, love the coat!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground