Pages

23.01.2012- Back to the Future

Monday, 23 January 2012

One of the things which I love most about fashion is the way in which designers constantly look to the past for inspiration. This season, the styles of the 1920s are set to be brought back to roaring life following the SS12 presentations of Gucci and Ralph Lauren, which saw Deco prints, flapper dresses and cloche hats make a triumphant return to our spectrum of sartorial imagination. Whilst the trend might seem an intimidating one to embrace from top-to-toe (and believe me were I to try I'd end up looking like an extra who'd got lost on their way to the set of Downton Abbey!), incorporating elements of 20s styling into a look is less scary than you might think- as this editorial from Elle Denmark demonstrates:

Art Deco, Louise Pedersen by Signe Vilstrup, styled by Souvanni Asmussen and made-up by Henrik Haue, Elle Denmark January 2012.
So, whether you embrace the 20s resurgence with graphic prints, dropped waists or wide-legged trousers, keep things modern with simple accessories and fuss-free styling for maximum impact.

Will you be re-creating the 20s look this season? And what do you think of this editorial?

(Image credit: fashiongonerogue.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh these are such beautiuful pictures Sarah. I would love to recreat the 20s look epsecially on my hair but I am completely useless. I wouldn't even know where to start!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that first photo. I thought it was a stained glass window from looking at the thumbnail and loved it even more when I saw it wasn't! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground