Pages

26.01.2012- We'll Take Manhattan

Thursday, 26 January 2012

We'll Take Manhattan, the much anticipated dramatisation of David Bailey and Jean Shrimpton's 1960s love affair airs on BBC Four tonight. Set against the backdrop of the groundbreaking Vogue shoot which the two worked together on in New York, the drama stars the gorgeous Karen Gillan as Jean Shrimpton and explores how Bailey's refusal to conform with expectations changed the face of fashion photography forever.

From what I've seen of the programme so far, Karen seems like the perfect choice to play The Shrimp, and carries off the fashions of of the 60s perfectly. I can't wait to see the costumes in all their glory, and if you're inspired to recreate Jean's iconic style, then look no further than this:

Will you be watching We'll Take Manhattan? And are you inspired by the styles of the 1960s?

(Image credit: BBC, David Bailey via Google Images, Rokit, Oasis, Kurt Geiger and Topshop.)

10 comments:

  1. So excited for this, love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to watch this! I've been waiting to see it for a while. Love 60's style.

    Sophie x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't wait to watch this X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a massive Gillan fan so I'm hoping she can surpress her bubbliness for this role! SHould be good though, I love your picks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see this film and I loved how you've taken your spin on it with the clothes you've featured :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen Gillan is just so incredibly beautiful and all-around fantastic, it's incredible. That first picture is so BEAUTIFUL!

    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that mac! I love the Kurt Geiger loafers too but every time I try loafers on they don't seem to fit/look right :(

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for this show, but I've been desperately trying to figure if and when it's showing in Australia. It looks amazing.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen is definetley the perfect choice to play the Shrimp, she is so beautiful and has that 60's glamour <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just watched this on iPlayer after reading this, OH MY WORD. I loved it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground