Pages

30.01.2012- Monday Must-haves: Spring Brights special

Monday, 30 January 2012

It feels like I haven't put one of these posts together in a forever, but with the arrival of lots of lovely new pieces in the shops as we head towards spring, there's plenty I've been adding to my wish list over the last few weeks. Admittedly, the idea of theming this instalment of Monday Must-haves around 'Spring Brights' came a little while before the forecast of freezing temperatures and snow (awkward!), but if the bitter weather has left you longing for summer then this vibrant selection could be just the remedy you're looking for...

This floral tunic from Warehouse is a real ray of sunshine, and I love the scattered floral print. I also think it's a piece which could be styled in a lot of different ways, so it picks up added points for versatility. The Zara blouse is another current favourite- again I adore the pattern and the contrasting peter pan collar makes it a really on trend style. It also reminds me a little of Luella's Spring 2008 collection, and anything that evokes a bit of Luella magic can never be a bad thing! This gorgeous silk top from Whistles is a touch on the expensive side of what I'd normally be prepared to pay for something similar, but, after spying it in store a few weeks ago, I'm determined to make it an investment purchase. The print is stunning, and the loose t-shirt shape is perfect for teaming with jeans (or, dare I anticipate, shorts!), or with trousers for a smarter look. These hot pink pumps from trusty old Topshop are an absolute steal at only £16, and ideal for injecting a touch of colour into an outfit if you're not as print obsessed as I (apparently!) am. Finally, Lavish Alice is a label I've had my eye on for a while, and, as well as admiring their gorgeous blouses, I've fallen head-over-heels for this star print dress. Green isn't generally a shade I gravitate towards, but I love everything about this piece, and I can't quite believe how much of a bargain it is!

Have you picked up any colourful pieces over the last week weeks? And what do you think of this selection?

(Image credit: Warehouse, Zara, Whistles, Topshop and Lavish Alice.)

3 comments:

  1. Whistles literally make clothes that make me drool! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Florals just scream spring summer to me X

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground