Pages

31.01.2012- Cool for Cats

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

One of my abiding memories of leaving school was being told by someone in my year that when I got older I'd turn into a mad cat woman. Not some cat-female hybrid in the Anne Hathaway as Catwoman sense, but a crazy old spinster who lives in a house surrounded by moggies. After six years, I still can't work out whether this was some sort of backhanded compliment or a sly insult (i.e you're destined to be alone, forever, deal with it!), but now it seems being a 'cat person' has never been more cool- thanks to Paul and Joe. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of their gorgeous beauty range, they have created the 'Meow' collection, featuring cosmetics inspired by designer Sophie Albou's love of all things feline:
Clockwise from right: Cat Eyeshadow in Siamese Please, £21, Cat Nail Polish in Manekineko, £10, Cat Lipstick in Catwalk, £16, Matte Pressed Powder in Cinnamon, £28, Cat Blusher Stick in Minou, £21.
And, as if you needed further proof that cats are very much back in fashion, then look no further than this shot from the upcoming seventh issue of LOVE Magazine, featuring Lara Stone and Kate Moss doing their best moggy impressions:

Lara Stone and Kate Moss by Mario Testino, LOVE Magazine, Issue Seven.
What do you think of Paul and Joe's new beauty range? And are you a cat person?

11 comments:

  1. Aw I saw these in the ASOS magazine. I love the little cat headed lipstick, so cute! Defo take it as a compliment. Cats are the best. Even though mine I think secretly hates me & is plotting the world downfall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God!!
    This is too much I cant handle it, I literally want all of it! especially the lipstick!!

    Romina
    ignitingbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the make up but I wouldn't want to use it because it is so pretty. I'm deffo a dog girl but there is room for a little cat love too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lipsticks look really cute! although i've never understood the kate + lara hype! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of Paul and Joe's kitty goodies! I've seen them on ASOS and on Urban Outfitters but I just can't justify spending that much on it, especially since I wouldn't want to use things like the kitty shaped lipstick-I'd just look at it and giggle :) I think I'd love to be a crazy cat woman, I mean, there are way worse things in this world you could be! Xo Lori
    http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lipstick. Shaped like a cat. Oh my! I've never been a cat person, but for that I could change! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These kitty goodies are purrfect! haha especially the Paul and Joe stuff I love their packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Paul and Joe's packaging!

    http://moonshine709.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been seeing these around :) they're amazing! Especially the lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - a v cute collection x

    ReplyDelete
  11. people always tell me im going to be a crazy cat lady when im older! i love it! cause its true. love all of paul and joes stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground