Pages

06.03.2012- Orla Kiely SS12: Poetry in Motion

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

I've loved Orla Kiely for ages, and am always eager to see what they have up their ultra-stylish sleeves from season to season. For each new collection they produce, they release an accompanying film, which captures the essence of the designs and showcases the pieces in full technicolour motion. The SS11 film they made in collaboration with Gia Coppola is something which I return to for inspiration time after time, and this season they've created another beautiful video with director Mercedes Helwein, showcasing a whimsical, elegant and fun take on SS12:



Pretty cute, right? I think these little films are a brilliant idea- not only do they show you the clothes against a beautiful backdrop, but they also give each collection a really strong identity, as well as bringing the inspiration behind the design process to the fore. I loved the look of their AW12/13 presentation during London Fashion Week too, which was themed as a tea dance installation at Somerset House (if you missed it, then be sure to check out Michelle's beautiful post), so am already eagerly anticipating next season's collection film!

What do you think of Orla Kiely's SS12 film? And do you think it's a good way of showcasing a collection?

(Video credit: Youtube.)

7 comments:

  1. I love the short films that Orla Kiely uses each season (: it's so much more likeable than a typical catwalk, especially added with their presentations, and much more 'Orla' if that makes sense? Thanks for the mention too lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this so much! I wish my entire wardrobe was Orla Kiely! Sadly my pennies don't stretch that far...

    I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did! You have a new follower :)

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! so inspirational and the clothes are beautiful.
    i follow you on twitter @natalierose20 and have just checked out your lovely blog i am a new follower :)
    fashionistaface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE this. They never get it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is incredible. I'm so persuaded to want to invest every penny I earn in their clothing. It's so beautiful.


    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground