Pages

17.03.2012- What I Wore Today #13

Saturday, 17 March 2012

Today I spent a lovely day wandering around London with my mum (a pre-Mother's Day Mother's Day I suppose you could call it!) We experienced sensory overload as we wandered around a bustling Borough Market, before following the river over to St. Paul's, Carnaby Street and Covent Garden. Typically though, the weather wasn't willing to play along with our plans, and we were suitably soaked by the intermittent rain which fell across town throughout the morning. Nevertheless, I was determined to inject a bit of spring colour into my outfit for today, and my Mary Katrantzou for Topshop blouse seemed like the perfect choice on such a gloomy day:

Mac- Oasis
Blouse- Mary Katrantzou for Topshop
Jeans- Topshop
Bag- Urban Outfitters
Shoes- Office

When I say this blouse is the blouse of my dreams, I'm honestly not exaggerating. On the morning of the Mary Katrantzou for Topshop launch, I inexplicably woke up at 4.30am, haunted by the thought that the all of the products would be online and just waiting to be snapped up whilst no-one was looking. Sure enough, when I checked the website (after staring bleary-eyed at my computer screen for what felt like an eternity!), there the collection was, sitting pretty before the inevitable chaos ensued- I think I just managed to add the blouse to my basket and checkout before it sold out! Although it was quite expensive, my frugal spending since January (quality, not quantity!) meant that I was able to treat myself- and I'm so glad I did. 100% silk, beautifully printed and something which I'm sure will prove a real wardrobe treasure from season to season. I can't wait to wear it in the better weather!

How have you spent your Saturday? And did you snap up anything from the Mary Katrantzou for Topshop range?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh that blouse looks so good on you Sarah! I love how your styled it. I thought it looked too much on the hanger but when you see it on it really is so spring-y! Haha, shame about the weather... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a perfect blouse, I wish I'd randomly woken up at 4:30am and checked the Toppers website haha! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blouse looks amaaaaazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic outfit and I love the bag :)

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! Hope you had a lovely day. I didn't manage to pick anything up...I should have been waiting like you!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really adore your mac, it is just the perfect length and shape. You look lovely, wonderful outfit.

    Holly
    http://pickleisatreat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, well worth the 4.30 am wake up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Mary Katrantzou top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your blouse, the print is so lovely and it looks great with the other more minimalistic items :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground