Pages

07.04.2012- What I Wore Today #18

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Today my mum and I spent a lovely day at Kensington Palace. It's somewhere I've always wanted to visit, and the opening of the refurbished public spaces provided the perfect opportunity to visit a real jewel in London's crown (if you'll pardon the pun!) I'll be posting about the exhibitions in full when I've sifted through my many photos, but it was really lovely to discover so much about the palace and the amazing range of historical events which it has played host to. In typically British fashion, the Bank Holiday weather has so far proved predictably gloomy and overcast, so today I opted for something quite classic, comfortable and easy to wear:

Top- Zara
Blazer-ASOS
Jeans- Topshop
Bag- Urban Outfitters
Shoes- Urban Outfitters
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Rings- Topshop

I picked up this blouse from Zara earlier in the week and couldn't love it more. The lace detailing is gorgeous, and I really like the monochrome contrast. I'm normally really put off by a high neckline (the curse if having a man-sized head!), but for some reason I couldn't resist this- I think it's because it's quite classic and really versatile. Today I wore it with my trusty jeans from Topshop (which I'm sure you must be so bored of seeing!) and blazer from ASOS, but I can't wait to experiment with how to style it.

Have you bought anything new recently? And how have you spent your Easter Saturday?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, very sophtiscated and very k middy! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, especially the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I keep meaning to visit Kensington Palace, all those ads on the underground keep tempting me! I love your top (: how amazing is that neck detailing? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bag :)

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and sophisticated xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for the comment my lovely, you look gorgeous! I love your outfit, and the bag is so perfect for you!

    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you look so lovely and smart here. I love the scenery for this outfit post. I've been so out of the blog loop, i will look forward to catching up with your blog posts this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is ADORABLE! I love your top, and that you paired it with that fabulous blazer. I also really like the vintagy feel of these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah you look great, i love zara too but some of their stuff is so expensive"

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need not worry, you look lovely. The lace detailing gives a delicate edge to your whole outfit x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground