Pages

10.04.2012- Time for Tea

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

A few weeks ago, I treated my mum to afternoon tea at Claridge's as a belated Mother's Day treat. We went to The Dorchester for the same occasion last year, so it looks like this is becoming a little tradition in its own right (and believe me it's one which I'm more than committed to upholding!) I'd been to Claridge's for the John Frieda event back in February and was so overwhelmed by what I saw that I couldn't wait to go back (well, if it's good enough for Mulberry!) The hotel is an opulent Art Deco jewel in the heart of London (it sits just off Bond Street), and their afternoon tea has got to be one of the most elegant tickets in town. Here's how we got on...

 The amazing Art Deco surroundings of the Foyer, where sittings of afternoon tea are held every day.

The menu!

Hands down, the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.

All sorts of sweet goodies! Claridge's have their own special jam called Marco Polo jelly which is infused with tea- perfect for spreading on scones!

Finally, on to the patisserie, which was just perfect. This fruit tart was my favourite (and pretty guilt free because it technically counted towards my five-a-day....!)

All in all it was a lovely afternoon and I'd definitely suggest treating yourself if you've got something special coming up- the service is faultless and the food delicious. I can't wait to go back!

Have you ever been for afternoon tea at Claridge's? And are there any rituals you have to celebrate special occasions?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is AMAZING. Seriously, Sarah. I'm kind of freaking out right now!!

    First, I hate to sound like an ignorant American, but I'd never heard of Claridge's before this post. But I can honestly say right now that I have to go there some time. It looks so beautiful and classy. It looks like a dream! I want to book my plane ticket right now! :D

    And this food looks unbelievably delicious. Those sandwiches...yum. And that Marco Polo jam: OMG.

    I'm so happy you had a wonderful experience! You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great way to spend a day! Although I'd be too nervous of eating such gorgeous looking sandwiches.
    And yes. If it's got fruit in it it definitely counts as a five a dayer : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh those cakes! It looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this all looks so pretty! I alaways go for afternoon tea when I go away for a weekend on city breaks, nice way to relax. If I'm shopping in Cardiff I always pop into Browns for afternoon tea, £6 each and very good for the bargain price x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not helping my should be diet!

    I could kill a fruit tart, a scone with lashings of jam and cream and lots of tea..... ohhh :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous - great pics x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous! I love afternoon tea, but have never been to Claridge's for it...I definitely will now!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground