Pages

16.04.2012- Monday Must-haves: Miss Selfridge's Pretty Pastels

Monday, 16 April 2012

Miss Selfridge are having a real fashion resurgence at the moment. Their second Designed By collection has proved an instant hit, and over the last few weeks they've showcased some beautiful new stock online. Amongst my favourites from their new pieces is this stunning selection of pastels:

Ladylike pastel shades, like those seen at Louis Vuitton and Givenchy provide the core colours for this spring. Whilst it can be quite a tricky look to embrace (especially if you're as pallid as I am!), I really love how Miss Selfridge have interpreted this trend. Both dresses are beautifully ladylike, and would be perfect for a summer wedding or party, don't you think? The lilac skirt is gorgeous too, and I think it would be lovely to take on holiday (although that could just be me looking for an excuse to buy it!) The peplum trend is one which I haven't tried yet (I honestly think I'm too oddly proportioned to even attempt it!), but this sugary style is ideal if you're looking to kill two trendy birds with one stone. Finally, I've included the socks because they are adorable, and a great way to add a pop of pastel to an outfit if you're not sold on a top-to-toe look.

Are you embracing the pastel trend? And what do you think of the pieces which I've chosen?

(Image credit: Miss Selfridge.)

11 comments:

  1. that lilac skirt is amazing, need it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely pieces, I'm rather impressed with Miss Selfridge pastels this year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection! Love this pastel trend for this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miss Selfridge, I think they definitely go for more pretty styles than topshop that seems a bit too edgy for me - I'm getting old!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mint skater dress, will have to see if it as lovely in person. May be a pay day treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that peplum top is adorable :)
    I love that they are coming back in style, so flattering to actually embrace curves! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish I could get behind this ankle socks trend. They look SO good on other people but completely absurd on me! Love the peachy coloured dress. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh! i loveee all off these picks! so pretty and pastel-y ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOVE pastels!

    so going to miss selfridge tonight!

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I think i NEED everything!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHH!! Major Miss Selfridge wishlist after reading this post lovingggg the colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground