Pages

23.04.2012- What I Wore Today #20

Monday, 23 April 2012

Am I the only one really struggling to know what to wear in this weather? With sunshine one minute, showers the next, it's impossible to pre-empt what the changeable climate will throw at us, but at least one thing is certain- an umbrella is a necessity at the moment! This is what I wore whilst avoiding the April showers today:

Blouse- Urban Outfitters
Jeans- Topshop
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Rings- Topshop

As I've mentioned before, this is the kind of outfit I tend to opt for quite often, particularly on days like today when a downpour looks more than likely. I picked up this top from Urban Outfitters using a cheeky discount code a few weeks ago, as I've been on the lookout for the perfect polka dot blouse for ages. This is lovely as it's slightly oversized and versatile enough to style in a lot of different ways- today I added a ribbon bow tie just for a little touch of contrast. I'm forever hanging on to ribbons and old bits of material to jazz up pieces from my wardrobe, and it's a really cheap way of adding a twist to an outfit- especially on dreary days like today when a dash of colour makes all the difference! 

What are your wardrobe staples when the weather is bad? And do you ever customise your outfits?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. absolutly fabulous! :) i love it

    Adam,
    http://bmagazyn.bologspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weather really is impossible *grumbles*. I am obsessed with polka dots I swear every online shopping basket I have contains at least two items with polka dots on them (if only I could actually afford them). You're hair looks absolutely gorgeous in this post by the way...major hair envy! I've been an avid reader of your blog for a while...I don't really know why I've never commented before. So hi; I really love you're blog :)

    Love Dannii x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blouse! The ribbon is definitely a lovely touch. I'm confused what to wear with this weather too...it just won't make its mind up!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute red ribbon :)

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit, I love how you added the ribbon!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bow, going to steal this idea for a dress I'm posting about later. Going to get some black ribbon off ebay. There aren't many places left where you can get ribbbon and buttons now :(

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground