Pages

25.04.2012- What I Wore Today #21

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Evening all! I've just got back from a very exciting event held by eBay Fashion, which I'll be posting about over the next few days. Without giving too much away, the event was a celebration of eBay Fashion Outlet's pieces for SS12, and required all of the guests to put on their best styling heads to come up with an outfit which captured the essence of the collection. Suffice it to say, looking at summer clothes for the best part of the evening has made me wish the warmer weather would arrive sooner rather than later, but after today's washout I'm sure the rain is here to stay for a little while longer. Today's outfit was my best attempt at keeping the downpours at bay:

 
Dress- Topshop
Coat- Topshop
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Rings- Topshop, Whistles and c/o Forever 21

I picked up this dress from Topshop towards the end of last year, and it's since become a firm favourite. Although the deep burgundy is a bit of an autumnal shade to be wearing in April (what happened to those lovely pastels we were supposed to be embracing?!), with the weather so gloomy it seemed like an ideal choice. Teamed with another Topshop purchase in the shape of my coat, I was nice and warm, and managed to stay fairly dry too!

How are you finding dressing for the unpredictable weather?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

13 comments:

  1. Ooh your dress is so lovely, Sarah! Excited to hear about the ol' eBay event (: can't believe we're still having to wear coats towards the end of April... Massive tut at you, England! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous. I just got a pastel dress from New Look but have been pairing it with my biker jacket because it is so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hai Kate Middleton! Looking lovely as always love your dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally agree with the Kate Middleton comment above! so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress, don't think I'll ever be prepared to say goodbye to burgundy, even if the weather does eventually decide to get better!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ebay event sounds fun. I love burgundy and it seems so much more appropriate for the weather at the moment than all the pastels in the shops! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this whole outfit! The dress is so pretty and I love the fur trim on the coat!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty dress, love the colour!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress! The weather is really annoying at the moment, one minute i'm wearing shorts the next a wooley jumper and jeans.....
    love Coco x x x no following
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the fur stole against the dress, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful and lovely dress :)
    color is great

    ReplyDelete
  12. your dress is so pretty. the colour is beautiful plus i adore the sleeves. your hair is lookin' so lovely, too! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground