Pages

01.05.2012- My eBay Mix

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Last Wednesday, I popped along to a very special event, held by eBay to celebrate the launch of their Fashion Outlet's spring collection. Much like the Blogger Event which they held back in November, the guests had to create their own outfit using pieces from the new collection and some vintage treasures which had been sourced especially for the occasion. This time around, we could wear our own outfit (or have the super fierce Chanie Munn model it for us), and then each look was posted on the Style Collective Twitter Party Page, were people could vote for which outfit was their favourite. Here's how I got on:

Setting up for the photo shoot!

 Real-time results from the Twitter party.

The amazing array of pieces which we could use to create our outfits...

...complete with a whole host of accessories and one-off vintage pieces.

eBay UK's Head of Fashion, Carrie Bienkowski (so lovely!), who hosted the event along with Shine.

The look which I put together!
Dress- eBay Fashion Outlet
 Jumper- eBay Fashion Outlet
Bag- Vintage
Sunglasses- Vintage
Loafers- My own!

It was such a fun experience to create a whole new outfit using some of my favourite pieces (spot the floral print!), whilst adding a few touches which I would never have considered 'me' (such as the vintage bag) but which I think worked really well in the context of the overall look which I was aiming for. It was great to see how everyone else got on, and really inspiring to see how the core collection can be styled in so many different ways. I also met some lovely bloggers whilst there- namely Christina, Fritha and Fleur, and as ever was accompanied by my partner in crime Sarah.

A big thank you to Ashley at Shine for the invite, and to the Shine/eBay teams for hosting such a fun, innovative event!

Have you ever bought anything from eBay's Fashion Outlet? And what do you think of the look which I put together?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission. Additional images courtesy of Shine.)

4 comments:

  1. I love that little bag! Looks like you had a lovely time xx

    http://snwears.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such a fun event xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! Looks like a great event!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground