Pages

20.05.2012- What I Wore Today #26

Sunday, 20 May 2012

Yesterday I popped along to the V&A in South Kensington for their Ballgowns: British Glamour since 1950 exhibition. I'd definitely recommend a visit, as there are some really beautiful pieces on display, and the new fashion galleries are really impressive too. With the weather still typically gloomy, I decided to wear something summery which I bought recently in an attempt to encourage the sun to make an appearance:

Dress- tba 
Jacket- Zara 
Leggings- Topshop 
Bag- Urban Outfitters 
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

Regular readers will know that tba is one of my favourite labels, and when I saw that this dress from their SS11 collection had been added to the sale section of their website, I snapped it up. I have the sister style in pale blue, and so buying the navy version seemed like the perfect way to complement my little family of tba dresses! Teamed with my Zara jacket and some leggings to keep the chilly wind at bay, this was the perfect outfit for mooching around the museum. 

Have you picked up anything you love recently? And how have you been spending your weekend?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Love the dress and watch! Sounds like a lovely day!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit, really like the handbag! I really want to visit that exhibition at the V&A! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! My favourite new wardrobe piece is a lilac spotty midi dress from Dorothy Perkins. Very 50's and very summery so sadly it hasn't had much wear yet!

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress. The Ballgowns Exhibition is amazing, I went on Friday and loved it (and the giftshop!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning dress :) I have one tba dress and am desperate to add another, when my funds allow. Love how you've styled it :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so lovely!! I love how you styled the dress with your gorgeous jacket! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress! There's something about wearing a pretty dress to wander round museums.

    I cannot wait to visit the Ballgown exhibit, from what I've seen it looks wonderful.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground