Pages

23.05.2012- First Look: The Great Gatsby

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Since I read The Great Gatsby on holiday a few years ago, I've been really eager to see a film adaptation. I'd only read disappointing things about the version directed by Jack Clayton which Mia Farrow and Robert Redford starred in, so when I heard that Baz Luhrmann was at the helm of a new adaptation to be released at the end of the year, I was really keen to see how he interpreted F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic story of 20s opulence, excess and tragedy. The first trailer for the film was released this morning, offering us a glimpse at what looks to be one of the most anticipated pictures of the year:

 

Visually, it looks beautiful and I can't wait to see how Luhrmann has captured the style of the 1920s on the big screen. I'll be really interested to see how the central characters have been interpreted by Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan, and of course there's no question that the costumes will be stunning.

Are you looking forward to the release of The Great Gatsby? And what do you think of the trailer?

3 comments:

  1. I bet the outfits will just be AMAZING. I loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm going to love this!
    Have you seen Bright Star? I'm obsessed with that film at the moment, so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this movie. Carey wasn't really working for me in the trailer but I'm sure it's going to be great. I love Leo!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground