Pages

28.05.2012- Monday Must-haves: Jubilant Jubilee

Monday, 28 May 2012

With less than a week to go until the Jubilee, excitement is reaching fever pitch and I'm sure we're all crossing our fingers that this heatwave will continue into next weekend. If you've walked into any shops on your local high street over the last few weeks, then you'll undoubtedly have seen an array of royal themed goodies on display (and if you're anything like me, then you'll probably have been tempted to buy everything in sight!) Whatever you're doing to celebrate over the long holiday weekend, here's my selection of the best Jubilee pieces in the shops to see you through the celebrations in style:



This printed tee from River Island features some iconic London landmarks, flags, bunting and crowns, so is perfect for showing your patriotic side. The freehand sketch design adds a bit of a vintage feel too, which I really like. As soon as I saw the bulldog tank top from Topshop, I couldn't help but smile; it's an image which is so quintessentially British yet so funny at the same time! I really like the subtle black and white combination too. This paisley silk tee from Topshop Boutique has rocketed to the top of my wish list, and the red and white colourway makes it a super chic way to embrace the Jubilee- plus it's something which you could wear time and time again as the print is so classic. I love this Accessorize necklace, and it's an ideal purchase if you want to incorporate something more subtle into your look for the weekend. True British by Alice Temperley is a coffee table book which I've been meaning to pick up for ages, and I can't think of a better excuse! Marking a decade of Temperley's innovative design, it's a celebration of British style heritage, so perfect if you're looking for some patriotic sartorial inspiration. This crown ring from Topshop is a lovely finishing touch, and studded slippers from Miss Selfridge (appropriately enough named 'Duke'!) are beautifully regal.

Have you bought anything special for the Jubilee? And what do you think of my picks?

(Image credit: River Island, Topshop, Accessorize, Amazon and Miss Selfridge.)

5 comments:

  1. The bulldog top is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the River Island dress that I've seen with a London print. I've got a navy blue and white polka dot dress for the jubilee with red accessories x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that ring is niceeee


    http://tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics, we love british style!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground