Pages

03.06.2012- What I Wore Today #29

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Happy Jubilee everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely start to the long weekend! Today I spent the afternoon watching the Jubilee River Pageant on television, whilst indulging in some lovely homemade afternoon tea (keep your eyes peeled for a post about that soon!) In typical British fashion, the one thing which we could rely on today was the rain, but it was lovely to see that the bad weather did nothing to dampen people's enthusiasm and enjoyment. Watching the flotilla of boats on the Thames was pretty spectacular too (particularly Joey's salute to The Queen!) and a wonderful way to celebrate such a momentous occasion. In true patriotic style, my outfit for today reflected a bit of British heritage (with a rather regal accessory thrown in for fun!):

Blouse- Whistles (via and c/o John Lewis)
Jeans- Topshop
Watch- Michael Kors (c/o John Lewis)
Nails- Essie Lovie Dovie
Crown- Model's own!

When John Lewis very kindly offered me a gift voucher for putting together a sponsored post a few weeks ago, I thought for ages about what I could put it towards. When I spied that they were running a promotion on women's fashion earlier in the week, I found the perfect piece in this Whistles blouse- something I'd been after for ages but which I couldn't justify buying at full price. Combining the discount, gift voucher and some of my hard-earned pennies, it's a recent addition to my wardrobe which I couldn't love more- floral and bright, it seemed like the perfect way to try and repel the rain! The quality really shines through too, which is lovely, and Whistles is such a beloved British brand that it seemed like a really appropriate choice for such a special day!

How have you been celebrating the Jubilee? And have you dressed up especially for the occasion?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. Love your top ( and the crown! )


    follow me

    http://tainted-feathers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crown!
    Happy jubilee to you too :)

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely top! I wish my hair was as long as yours! Looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair is looking lovely, I celebrated by drinking loads of punch and eating cake :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blouse! Such a lovely print! I had to dress up for work on Friday in red, white and blue but the best I could manage was maroon skinny trousers (sound horrid, look nice!), a cream cardie and blue boating shoes! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground