Pages

04.07.2012- Fashion Week Top Five: Milan AW12/13

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

This post has been a very long time in coming, but in a way I think it's nice to split these fashion week retrospectives up a little bit- for me it's also a great way to refresh my memory before the new season styles start to hit the shops! Milan AW12/13 was all about eveningwear, class, design heritage and sophistication, as epitomised by my top five shows:

The Alberta Ferretti collection was a masterclass in elegant evening dressing, and I love the monochrome contrast throughout.
Bottega Veneta wowed with a series of structured dresses, complete with ornate embellishment and elegant accessories. I love how the models were styled with severe side partings and dark plum lips- sure to be a big beauty trend for autumn. 

Dolce and Gabbana's vision of AW12/13 captured the Italian essence of their design heritage- Renaissance style headpieces, baroque embroidery and ornate lace saw the models transformed into walking works of art.
A beautifully bittersweet collection from Raf Simons at Jil Sander, given that it was his last for the label. Pale pastels, clean lines and vintage inspired silhouettes made this my favourite show from Milan. 

Marni gave us an unconventional take on evening dressing with their top-to-toe pyjama style ensembles, complete with subtle print detailing. Feminine shapes were given a tougher, more modern edge with bulky accessories and hardware detailing, and monochrome was once again a strong theme throughout. 

Which shows from Milan were your favourites? And what do you think of my top five?

(Image credit: elle.com.)

4 comments:

  1. brill top five i think D&G and Bottega are my favs from your list :D

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjoCAu8HPMw

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. errr haha i didn't mean to post some random youtube clip- i meant to post this--

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A/W YAAAAY! Black and lace and studs. My fave. That last Jil Sander dress is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just moved to a new blog and you have a great blog! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground