Pages

09.07.2012- Life's a Beach: Seaside Style Inspiration

Monday, 9 July 2012

However much you might anticipate hitting the beach when you go away on holiday, it's more often than not a ritual which is filled with a considerable amount of panic beforehand. I don't know about you, but I really struggle to find beachwear which is both flattering and practical, and, despite hunting high and low, I generally go back to a few 'old faithfuls' year after year. Having scoured the high street for swimwear which is robust enough to wear in the sea, and which is also larger than your average handkerchief, I've decided that the best place to look for seaside style inspiration is the past- and have put together a series of beach-based looks in tribute to some vintage fashion icons:

What do you think of the looks which I've put together? And where do you find your beach inspiration?

(Image credit: Google Images, Topshop, Accessorize, Oasis, Warehouse, River Island, H&M, ASOS, Cath Kidston and Ted Baker.)

3 comments:

  1. I love that H&M bikini! All the looks are great though, now all I need is an actual holiday!! The weather here is so awful there's no chance of wearing anything summery =( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a very good job at matching these vintage styles! I love all these looks but my body shape would be most suited to the Audrey Hepburn style. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grace kelly bikini ahhhh :D and that marilyn one <3

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground