Pages

22.07.2012- What I Wore On Holiday #2

Sunday, 22 July 2012

As I mentioned in this post, I've got a staple collection of swimwear which I tend to stick to when I go away- pieces I've picked up here and there which I know are beach fail-safes. This year, I searched high and low for some new swimwear to take away with me, but really struggled to find flattering, practical pieces that didn't cost the earth. So, when I spied this vintage inspired bikini a few months ago, I hastily snapped it up:

Bikini- Monki
Sunglasses- Marks and Spencer
Flip Flops- Primark

When Monki opened over here at the start of the year, I was really impressed by the simplicity of their pieces. After picking up some of their lovely knits, I never really considered shopping there for swimwear, but after seeing this bikini in their magazine I knew it was just the thing I was after. I love the vintage inspired shape, and the simple design is really practical. A pair of bargain flip flops from Primark and my retro style sunglasses from Marks and Spencer completed my day two beach outfit!

What do you look for in swimwear when you go away? And where have you picked up your favourite beach pieces? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh i love the Bikini and i was looking at the Monki site last night and wanted everything! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bikini, it really suits you! When I go away I like vintage style swimwear mainly a high waisted bikini bottoms :)

    Glad I found your blog, am following you now! Please check out my blog if you can - would love to hear what you think!

    Love,

    www.biancaallegra.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooving those high waisted shorts, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank-you for the comment my lovely, i adore you bikini it's beautiful!

    lots of love,

    lily from red brick lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bikini!

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bikini...it really suits you! I like to wear high waisted bikini shorts too, I just think they're really flattering!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground