Pages

23.07.2012- What I Wore On Holiday #3

Monday, 23 July 2012

As much as I love sitting on the beach with a good book when I'm away, sometimes it's nice to have a break and do something different. So, midway through the first week I was away, I went on a walk into the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. I vaguely remembered following a really picturesque trail along the same route when I was much younger, so this year made a point of trying to find it again and exploring a little bit more. I was lovely to see so many beautiful wild flowers, tall trees and greenery, all of course bathed in glorious sunshine:

Blouse- Derhy
Shorts- Clothing at Tesco
Flip Flops- Primark
Sunglasses- Marks and Spencer
Hat- Local supermarket

This blouse is a fairly recent addition to my wardrobe, bought from French retailer Derhy. I stumbled across their online shop after finding their SS12 brochure concealed in the pages of Elle, and as soon as I saw this blouse I fell in love. The intricate embroidered details are beautiful and it really is an instant wardrobe classic- the sort of simple basic which can be styled in so many different ways. It's lovely and lightweight too, so was perfect for popping in my suitcase. For this particular adventure, I wore it with a pair of denim shorts from Tesco- a bargain at only £15! I got so much wear out of these on holiday, so I'm sure they will be making a few appearances across this series of posts. The sunhat, as ridiculous as it is, was something I had to buy once I'd taken off, as I very neglectfully left my own at home! Proof that no matter how many lists you make, you're always bound to forget something when you go away! 

Have you discovered any new shops recently? And what sort of pieces do you pack when you go on holiday?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do no reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. That blouse is so lovely! Want! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is lovely, perfect for a French holiday :) I always pack too much when I go away and end up wearing whatever keeps me coolest even if it isn't very stylish :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat and blouse are just so cute!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground