Pages

24.07.2012- What I Wore Today #34

Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Well, I don't want to tempt fate, but it seems like the summer has finally arrived! Typically, however, my holiday tan has almost entirely vanished, but I'm hoping to spend some time enjoying the sunshine while it lasts, so hopefully I can coax my skin back to a less ghostly shade by the time the week is over! For the next few weeks I'm working in an office in central London, and, whilst I can't say I'm relishing the thought of battling my way through the train station in the midst of Olympic mania, it's a good excuse to raid my wardrobe in search of pieces which are considerably more stylish than the uniform which I usually have to wear to work! This is my outfit from yesterday:

Blouse- Whistles (via and c/o John Lewis)
Trousers- ASOS
Belt- Vintage (via Rokit)
Bag- Accessorize
Scarf (tied on bag)- Vintage (via Rokit)
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Marks and Spencer
Nails- Essie Love Dovie and OPI Pirouette My Whistle

Typically, I reached for the most vibrant floral print in my wardrobe the moment I saw the sun appear! This blouse first made an appearance at the start of last month, as I wore it for the Jubilee. Since then, it's become a firm favourite- a summer staple if ever I saw one! I've had these tailored trousers from ASOS for a good few years now (in fact I love them so much I have two pairs, one black and one navy!), and had forgotten how much of a dream they are to wear. The high waist nods to a classic silhouette which I love, and they're really comfortable too. A few vintage pieces found their way into this outfit in the shape of my belt and scarf, both of which I found in Rokit, Covent Garden (one of my favourite shops), and I think they're really nice touches which just add another dimension to this look.

Also, just on a little side note, this Fashion Brands and Bloggers video, produced by the lovely people at iCrossing is well worth a watch if you're interested in seeing the results from the survey which I posted about a few months ago

Are you pleased to see the sunshine at last? And which pieces do you reach for when the weather is good?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Love the combo! It really really pretty.

    It was nice meeting you on Saturday. I am now a follower on GFC.

    www.sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those trousers on you, great shape. I love dresses in the sun but go for long ones so I don't need to wear tights. I'de love to wear a playsuit this week but all mine are a bit work inappropriate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, Sarah! That bag is great, too.

    xo,
    Lela
    Enter to WIN a three-part DETOX PACKAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Sarah you look perfect for an office! It's always nice to get a little extra dresses up eh?
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground