Pages

26.07.2012- What I Wore Today #35

Thursday, 26 July 2012

Another lovely day! Whilst it's lovely to see that summer has finally started, I'm finding it very tricky to find things in my wardrobe which are both weather and work appropriate...suffice it to say that most of my holiday clothes are much more suitable for the beach! Keeping cool whilst commuting around London is also virtually impossible, so much so that yesterday I contemplated popping along to the Aquatic Centre for a dip just to cool down! Here's what I wore in an attempt to stay as cold as possible in the city yesterday:

Dress- Ted Baker (via ASOS)
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize

This dress from Ted Baker is actually a beach dress, but I thought it was far to pretty to be covered in sand and suncream! I picked it up from the ASOS sale for half the original price, and think it's ideal for wearing out and about with the temperatures so high at the moment. I love the loose-fitting smock style, and the butterfly print is so pretty- a nice alternative to florals! I teamed it with leggings and ballet pumps for a comfortable and relaxed look.

How are you finding dressing in this heat?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. love your dress!

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it really tricky to find nice things to wear which don't show oodles of flesh haha! Love this outfit :-) I have the same pumps in pink. So comfy! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's so difficult dressing for this heat - especially when it has to be work appropriate too! I wore shorts into work the other day but felt too naked *awkward...* but then it was way too hot to be in leggings in our part of the office :( Your dress was a lovely find! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress, definitely too pretty for the beach! I've found the heat in London pretty unbearable, any form of public transport has been horrible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pattern dress!

    Emma x
    http://howquicklytheglamourfades-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground