Pages

27.07.2012- What I Wore Today #36

Friday, 27 July 2012

'Now all the youth of England are on fire'
-William Shakespeare, Henry V, Act II, Prologue

'Be not afeared; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.'
-William Shakespeare, The Tempest, Act III, Scene II

'...now sits Expectation in the air'
-William Shakespeare, Henry V, Act II, Prologue

Well, today's the day! Seven years in the planning, and in a few hours the 2012 London Olympics will be officially underway. In anticipation of the Opening Ceremony, and after finally watching all of The Hollow Crown (a must-watch if you haven't seen it yet), I couldn't resist including a little bit of Shakespearean inspiration in this post- after all, these timeless words seem to capture a sense of atmosphere and expectation far more poetically than I ever could. I'm so excited to watch this evening's performance (from the comfort of my own sofa, of course!), and seeing the culmination of the torch relay in London yesterday made me so so proud to be British- the scenes of support, love, and warmth which spilled onto the streets of a city glistening in sunshine is something which I'm sure I'll remember forever. All this patriotic feeling seems to have seeped its way into my wardrobe, too, as my outfit today was a top-to-toe red, white and blue affair:

Blouse- Topshop
Skirt- American Apparel
Shoes- Topshop
Rings- Topshop & c/o Forever 21
Nails- Chanel Le Vernis in 455 Lotus Rogue

I picked up this skirt from American Apparel on Wednesday, and am so glad I did- it's perfect for this humid weather. I paired it with an old Topshop blouse which has been hiding in my wardrobe for ages, and accessorised with some of my favourite rings- all in either red, white or blue to get into the Olympic spirit! 

I hope you all enjoy the Opening Ceremony! I am so excited to see things unfold- it promises to be a really magical, memorable event.

How are you celebrating this evening?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. very beautiful post love the skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I feel like the ultimate Scrooge reading this post in Olympic semi-hatred and wearing my I Heart Paris tee! You look so lovely Sarah, that skirt and those shoes - ooh lala! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is lovely! The skirt looks great for the summer. Love you blog too! :)

    http://littleefaelin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very patriotic! i really love this outfit.
    the ceremony was fantastic! i really enjoyed it!
    am not follwing you too!
    milly x
    asensibleheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit, very patriotic!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank-you for the comment my lovely, you look so so so pretty! i adore your outfit!

    lots of love,

    lily from red brick lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this patriotic outfit! I bought an American Apparel maxi skirt in NYC and can't wait to wear it. Yours looks so good here, perfect for summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sweet photos and I love your rings!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground