Pages

31.07.2012- What I Wore Today #38

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Whilst it takes a lot to pry me away from my beloved Topshop Kristen jeans, show me a pretty dress and I'll happily ditch the denim. Since the beginning of the year, I've made much more of an effort only to buy things if I really like them, and if I'm confident that I'll get long-term wear out of them. As a result, I've become much less impulsive in my shopping habits, avoiding snapping up frivolous things in the sales simply because they are discounted and instead saving my pennies for some more expensive wardrobe classics (the Mulberry fund is still growing!) Yesterday's outfit featured one of my best buys of the year so far:

 Dress- Topshop Boutique
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize
Bracelet- Warehouse
Rings- Topshop, Warehouse
Necklace- Accessorize
Nails- Nars Dovima

This dress from Topshop Boutique is hands down one of the best additions I've made to my wardrobe. Although it was a little bit on the expensive side, I've worn it so much since buying it that it's proved the perfect, versatile piece. Trying to work in a subtle slice of patriotic style in the same vain as the outfits I posted yesterday and on Friday, pale blue was teamed with red nails and white shoes (can you tell I'm becoming slightly obsessed?!), and finished off with a few new additions to my jewellery collection in the shape of my butterfly ring and dove bracelet from Warehouse. 

Have you been more conscious of your spending recently? And what are your rules when shopping for new clothes?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. you're adorable! love the little collar on the dress. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, looks oh so lovely on yoy. I feel you with the penny saving. I'm really trying, I have so many reasons to save! Instead, a ton of hypothetical online shopping is going on!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the jewellery. I'm really trying not to spend at the moment. I don't need any more lace dresses or things to wear out in the night. I bought one or two ebay bargains today on payday and I don't want to buy anything else this month, wish me luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been quite good with my spending, but after seeing that bag, I think I may have to get it! The jewellery looks lovely too!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bag is just amazzee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your jewellery, it's all so dainty and pretty! :) The shoes are lovely too!
    I've set myself a goal not to spend any money on clothes for myself in August, it's going to be a hard month! xx

    http://danielleyc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need that bag in my life asap!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground