Pages

02.08.2012- What I Wore Today #39

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Whilst I like to think I'm quite adventurous with my wardrobe, in reality I'm quite predictable in my shopping habits. Show me a floral blouse, smock dress or anything with a collar detail and I'm there! Having said that, sometimes it's nice to step out of your style comfort zone and opt for something which is a little bit of a diversion from the norm, and my outfit from yesterday was structured around a piece I would never have envisaged myself buying:

 Top- Urban Outfitters
Skirt- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Shoes- Topshop
Rings- Topshop

After having a good old browse of the Urban Outfitters website when I got home from my holiday, I found myself really drawn to the graphic print on this t-shirt. With a 15% discount code at the ready, I swiftly added it to my basket and waited for it to arrive on my doorstep- expecting that when it turned up I wouldn't like it at all and it would be returned within a matter of seconds! Thankfully, however, this couldn't be further from the truth, and it's a purchase which really paid off! I bought it with this outfit in mind, after thinking about how I could style this skirt from Tesco (my love of which is very well documented in this post!), and I think the two work really well together. The graphic print is something which I wouldn't ordinarily go for, but the contrasting black and white pattern makes it really eye-catching, and I really like the fit too. Rest assured that this is about as 'high fashion' as I get though- I'm sure I'll be back in jeans and a jumper tomorrow!

Do you like dressing out of your comfort zone? And have you made any out of character purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Love your t-shirt, the prints lovely! x

    www.theclothesmaiden.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this dress is super cute <3 would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got that skirt from tesco! good find!

    LOOVEE your outfit

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank-you for the comment my lovely, firstly aksuhsdfpiu your hair is beautiful! i'm in utter love. please give it me. secondly your outfit is so wonderful!

    lots of love,

    lily from red brick lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground