Pages

04.08.2012- What I Wore Today #40

Saturday, 4 August 2012

I told you it wouldn't be long before I was back to my old faithfuls! 'Dress down Friday' was the phrase which dictated my outfit yesterday (this may or may not have had something to do with the fact that I woke up a little later than usual...!), but if you can't wear your comfiest clothes on a Friday, then when can you? This outfit was also an accidental (I promise!) red, white and blue ensemble:

Jumper: Whistles
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop
Bag: Accessorize
Rings: Topshop
Nails: Nars Dovima

I know that wearing a jumper in August is ridiculous, but I've been longing to wear this knit from Whistles again since I first bought it. It's the cosiest thing ever, and ideal for the blustery weather which we're experiencing at the moment. Teamed with my staple jeans and flats, this is an outfit which I'm sure I'll be wearing quite regularly as the weather gets chillier. It also seems that the patriotic colour palette is working! Team GB are doing fantastically, aren't they?! I've laughed, cried and watched the coverage through my fingers at times, but it's great to see everyone being so well supported and achieving the goals which they have trained so intensely for on home turf. I'm sure I'll be shedding a few more proud tears before next week is over too!

Are you a fan of dressing down at the end of the week? And what have been your favourite moments of London 2012 so far?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, this look is beautiful. I love your bag and jumper:D I hope we can follow each other, I follow you now via bloglovin/72 and gfc/442.
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I LOVE your jumper, it's perfect:)
    Lovely outfit!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie you look so lovely <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely knit, you looks super chic, love the bag! The weather has been a bit odd this week, we just had torrential rain :\ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this casual outfit, even if it is more AW than SS haha! I haven't caught much of the olympics, mainly just the mens swimming! Gotta love the underwater camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wearing a jumper in August isn't ridiculous - it's been kind of a necessity what with the weather being so shocking! I love your jumper, it looks so comfy!

    I was watching the rowing this morning and that was pretty emotional! It was proper on-the-edge-of-your-seat viewing! Was lovely to meet you at the Bloggers picnic by the way x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol at how we have to wear jumpers atm, Its a lovely jumper though
    Following

    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love how you have styled this outfit! Whistles is always a good idea haha ;) xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're ever have a sort out Sarah chuck some clothes my way please ;)
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit, love your bag <3.

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What am I going to do when the Olympics are over? it has taken over my life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look wonderful in that sweater! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i do love a nuatical striped sloucy jumper. crazy but im kinda craving knitwear and autumn right now!! You look lovely!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground