Pages

08.08.2012- What I Wore Today #41

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Well, this weather is making it very tricky to know what to wear, isn't it?! Sunshine one minute, thundery skies the next, and all mixed together with a dose of humidity which makes it impossible to keep cool. Today I popped out shopping with my mum, picking up some baking supplies (in anticipation of the new series of The Great British Bake Off starting next week!) before enjoying some lunch in our local tea room (ooh err!) As is tradition with this unpredictable weather, I opted for a default combination of a blouse and a pair of jeans:

Blouse- Mary Katrantzou for Topshop
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- Next

You might remember that I posted about this Mary Katrantzou for Topshop blouse when I first bought it back in rainy March, so it was nice to wear it in (marginally!) better weather. I'm so happy I bit the bullet and bought it, as it's a real wardrobe investment and something which I don't think I'll ever get tired of wearing. I also dug this bag from Next out of my wardrobe- after completely forgetting all about it! I bought it a few years ago now as a cheaper alternative to Alexa, and I'm really happy to have re-discovered it as it's such a versatile piece. As I saw when I popped along to their AW12 preview, Next have got some amazing accessories on the horizon for next season, so I'm eagerly keeping my eyes peeled for my favourites!

Have you rediscovered any forgotten wardrobe gems recently? And are you looking forward to the new season collections arriving in the shops?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. oh wow. this topshop collection is adorable so you look so lovely <3 i love this!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that tea set! I also love that shirt and baking so this post ticks lots of boxes for me. YAY for tea and cake and pretty florals.

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blouse! I'm so glad GBBO is coming back =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt look fab on you! Topshop have so many great things in at the moment! :) xx

    http://littleefaelin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blouse! I was so gutted when I missed out on the Mary Katrantzou for Topshop collection - didn't even manage to get my hands on the canvas shopper!

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground