Pages

10.08.2012- What I Wore On Holiday #5

Friday, 10 August 2012

This sunny weather (hooray!) has suddenly got me searching through my holiday clothes again in search of something cool to wear. One of the great things about going away is picking up pieces which you'd never normally be drawn to, and I surprised myself with a lot of the purchases I made in the lead up to my break (..more on that to come!) Given that I hadn't had a holiday for two years, I was in desperate need of some new beachwear, and this maxi dress fit the bill perfectly:

Beach dress- Clothing at Tesco
Flip Flops- Primark
Sunglasses- Warehouse

Much like the midi, the maxi dress is something which I'd struggled to make work for me. Clingy jersey is always a no-no, and a lot of styles I've tried in the past have been either too long or too boxy, so you can only imagine how relieved I was when I stumbled across this dress from Clothing at Tesco! Not only is it really lightweight and easy to wear, the layered detail also adds a little bit more structure and shape which I really like. The tropical floral pattern and summery colours were also perfect for wearing on the beach (and it's safe to say I'm now wishing I lived a little bit closer to the seaside!)

Have you made any new beach purchases? And are you a fan of the maxi dress?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. This dress has amazing print. I love it.
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely on you :) I always worry about maxi dresses as I'm so short! Wish I was on hols now.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely :) xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is beautiful, perfect for holidays. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress, it's so perfect for summer!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah you look radiant! Hope you're coming for burgers!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what gorgeous photographs you look absolutely stunning in that dress. Maxi dresses are my fave for holidays, especially by the beach!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground