Pages

19.08.2012- What I Wore Today #42

Sunday, 19 August 2012

What a lovely weekend! I hope you're managing to enjoy the weather and not getting too hot/sunburnt/flustered! I spent the day yesterday shopping with Sarah before meeting Aisling, Elodie, Lily, Michelle, Sophie and Hannah for a catch up over the most amazing burgers at Fattburger- I'd really recommend popping along! With the weather so uncharacteristically hot, I faced a bit of a dilemma as to what to wear (why is it so impossible to dress for the heat in Britain?!), but luckily a recent purchase came to my rescue:

Dress- Dahlia
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- H&M
Rings- Whistles, Topshop
Nails- Ciaté Paparazzi, OPI Pirouette My Whistle and Topshop Razzmatazz

I spied this dress on the Dahlia website shortly after I got back from my holiday, and it was love at first sight! Not only does it feature the prettiest floral print, but I love the 40s inspired shape and think it's a really versatile piece- perfect for high summer or the chilliest of winters worn with thick tights and a chunky knit. Even better than that, last week it was added to Dahlia's sale, so I snapped it up for less than half price- proving that it pays not to be such an impulse buyer! Styled simply with sunglasses and the comfiest shoes I own, this was perfect for the tropical temperatures yesterday (although I am still wishing I lived nearer the beach!)

How are you finding the hot weather? And have you picked up any bargains recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. No sun in the midlands unfortunately :( just very hot and overcast so I'm a little jealous. I got over that though when I saw your nails. They look amazing. Bravo.

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so cute, love it! Your sunglasses are pretty too! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look utterly gorgeous and super slender here girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dahlia so much but their prices are always a little too expensive for me - this was such a beautiful find! I love the print and the shape, looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so hot, isn't it? i've been whacking on SPF50 - no chance of burning! looking pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I didn't know they had a sale, will be checking that out x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! I love your hair to! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground