Pages

23.08.2012- What I Wore Today #43

Thursday, 23 August 2012

The expression 'wearing your heart on your sleeve' is one which I've always loved (even if I'm unsure of how exactly it originated!), and it's a phrase which I think is really in tune with our modern approach to fashion. Where as fashions of the past were largely dictated by convention, price and practicality, today you can get away with wearing pretty much anything you like, constructing your wardrobe as a reflection (or indeed an extension) of your personality. This way of wearing your heart on your sleeve, so to speak, has become accepted as the foundation of modern dressing, as we continually experiment and evolve our own style identity based on our own personal tastes. As I've blogged before, I'm really a massive geek a heart, so thought it was high time to celebrate this in the form of a rather heroic new purchase:

Tee- Urban Outfitters
Skirt- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Shoes- Topshop

After seeing Marvel's Avengers Assemble a grand total of three times in the cinema (and having eagerly pre-ordered the DVD last week!), I ordered this t-shirt as soon as I saw it on the Urban Outfitters website. It's actually from the men's section, but the oversized fit is perfect and makes it really easy to style. I teamed it with my maxi skirt from Tesco, which has quickly become one of my most worn pieces, and is ideal for the warm weather which we're enjoying at the moment. 

Do you like to wear your heart on your sleeve when you dress? And are you as much of a geek as I am?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of a tshirt with a maxi skirt!
    I definately need to try that :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say I do, people do find what I wear weird at times.. but it's nice to let your personality shine :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole outfit! Especially the skirt!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool look! This shirt is so pretty:)
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tshirt and can't believe that the skirt is from Tesco! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your t-shirt!! Definitely get where you're coming from, I loved The Avengers!
    Last week, I found a vintage Captain America tee at the charity shop c:
    Love how you styled your outfit, looks great!
    XO
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That T-shirt is amazing, and it looks fab paired with that maxi skirt! I was dragged to see the Avengers and loved every minute of it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground