Pages

25.08.2012- What I Wore Today #45

Saturday, 25 August 2012

It seems that the combination of a t-shirt and maxi skirt is one which is rapidly becoming a regular feature of my outfit posts! Having avoided the maxi like the plague for such a long time, I'm now the proud owner of two, both of which I seem to be getting a lot of wear out of. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, but I've definitely found myself drawn to a lot of more 'grown up' pieces recently; smart, minimalist wardrobe basics which can be adapted to lots of different occasions and which fit in really nicely with a lot of the pieces which I already own. My outfit from yesterday was a marriage of an old wardrobe favourite and a new maxi addition:

T-shirt- Topshop Unique
Skirt- American Apparel
Shoes- Topshop
Rings- Topshop & Warehouse
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

I've had this t shirt from Topshop's Unique line for well over a year and it's been worn almost to death! I love the Pegasus motif, and as soon as I saw that it was part of Topshop's mythical inspired Unique SS11 presentation, I was really eager to snap it up. It was a little on the pricey side, but I've worn it so much that it's definitely proved a real value for money purchase. I featured this skirt from American Apparel a few weeks back, and I've really enjoyed experimenting with how it can be styled. Again, it's a real investment piece which I know I'll get so much wear out of as it's such simple, versatile style. I'm also extremely tempted to go back and pick up the style in some other colours! 

Have your shopping habits changed as you've got older? And do you have old wardrobe favourites which you like to style with new pieces?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely.. I do find it hard to style maxis sometimes but a big tee looks great with it! I don't think I would've worn maxis when I was a bit younger as I thought I was too short! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit. I have definitely tried to mature in my clothing styles over the last couple of years, I've bought a lot more midi and maxi length pieces whereas before everything in my wardrobe was short. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground