Pages

29.08.2012- What I Wore On Holiday #9

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

There's something that feels quite cruel about putting this post together whilst it's pouring with rain outside, but I suppose if there's one thing that the British summer weather guarantees it's an element of unpredictability. Looking back through my holiday photos is also proving quite a nice distraction from the fact that I'm writing this post whilst wrapped up in a cardigan- I don't know about you but I'm still holding out for a last burst of sunshine over the next few weeks! Anyway, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, the printed trouser trend is one which I've steered quite clear of so far, but whilst I was away I threw caution to the wind-after all, if you can't get away with wearing a loud floral print on holiday, then when can you?!

Trousers- River Island
T-shirt- American Apparel 
Sandals- Faith
Bag- c/o Forever 21
Sunglasses- Marks and Spencer
Rings- Topshop

Some might call this print rather garish, but for some inexplicable reason I found myself really drawn to it! I spied these trousers in the sale section of River Island in Westfield, and after much deliberation decided to buy them. They were a bargain at £15, and although I was quite worried about how to style them, I think they work quite well with a plain tee. After picking them up solely to pack in my suitcase, I'm yet to wear them on home turf, but after resolving to be a little bit more adventurous with my wardrobe I'm sure I'll be digging them out every once in a while now I'm home- even if it's only to pop out for a pint of milk!

Have you picked up any bold pieces recently? And how do you style your holiday pieces once you get home?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. Loving this look...the trousers and sandals are amazing! It looks so hot too..jealous!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sandals, bag and rings :)

    I'm currently having a giveaway with make up, jewellery and nail wraps, go enter! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah you look hot in florals! Def wear them over here!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these trousers, you should definitely wear them in England! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground