Pages

01.09.2012- What I Wore Today #47

Saturday, 1 September 2012

I don't know about you, but I'm quite indecisive when it comes to making new purchases. Once upon a time I was a terrible impulse buyer, picking bits up here there and everywhere (predominantly in Primark!) only to get rid of them a matter of weeks later when I became bored of them, or when they fell apart in the wash. However, at the start of this year, I promised myself that I'd start to invest my pennies in better quality pieces which I'd get plenty of wear out of, as well as making the most of what was already in my wardrobe. Although this has been excellent news for my Mulberry fund, my umming and aahing has resulted on me missing out on a few sell-out items over the last few months, most notably the super popular Wisteria print from Whistles. Sure enough, the printed style pyjama suit was an instant hit, with in-store waiting lists full of floral-fancying fashionistas intent on getting their stylish hands on one of the most coveted prints of the summer. I'd almost given up hope on picking up anything from the collection, and was convinced I'd missed the boat completely- until the end of last week, when I stumbled upon this(!):

 Jacket- Whistles (via ASOS)
Jeans- Topshop
Blouse- Derhy
Loafers- River Island
Bag- Accessorize
Rings- Topshop, Accessorize

After having a good old browse of the ASOS sale section for some hidden gems at the start of last week, low and behold, I found the one remaining Wisteria print jacket! As if my magic, it was also my size (fate or what?!), so I hastily added it to my basket, checking out faster than a speeding bullet and saving myself a tidy sum in the process! I wore this outfit to the Wonsuponatime launch party earlier in the week, which was hosted by the lovely Sarah Betty. I'm in the process of putting together a post on the event (which was amazing!), so continue to watch this space! Given that the print of the jacket is quite busy, I teamed it with some comparatively plain pieces in the shape of my Topshop jeans and the Derhy blouse which I bought to take on holiday, but I can't wait to style it with some of the pretty dresses in my wardrobe. Suffice it to say, it's something which I'm so happy to have found, and proof that being impulsive isn't always the best way to shop!

Have you missed out on any must-have pieces this year? And are you an impulse buyer?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely jacket! So glad you got it!

    I have missed out on those H&M floral trousers that everyone was wearing at the start of the summer! I decided too late that I really liked them and then everywhere was sold out! Doh!

    Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing jacket, it was lovely to see you on Thursday! Same time next week for FNO rampage? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love floral prints. The jacket looks lovely on you~ I love a good ol' comfy loafer! :D


    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing look and beautiful colors! I love you rings, bag and jacket! I'm an impulse buyer:)
    kisses chris

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground