Pages

02.09.2012- What I Wore Today #48

Sunday, 2 September 2012

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend! I can't quite believe we've arrived at the start of September already- exactly three months today I'll be celebrating my 23rd birthday! Scary stuff indeed. Whilst the arrival of autumn (and the prospect of being a year older!) fills me with a little bit of dread, I do love the thought of keeping warm in some new season purchases, and adapting some of my existing pieces to suit the colder weather. My outfit for yesterday incorporated some spring buys which I'm happily carrying through to the winter:
Dress- tba
Mac- Oasis
Leggings- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize
Shoes- Topshop

This outfit was inadvertently a little 60s inspired- which is no bad thing, is it? Pairing my tba dress with this swing mac from Oasis seemed like the perfect combination- I love the contrast between the neutral beige and the busy navy polka-dot print, and the bow detail is such a pretty finishing touch. Leggings and my staple flats from Topshop lent this look an element of comfort, and it's one which I'm sure I'll come back to a lot as the weather gets chillier. 

Are you excited that the colder weather is here? And what are you most looking forward to about the winter?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. love your rain mac, definitely a clever choice for all the rain that's to come!
    XO
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 60s look, the TBA dress is too lovely for words, I wish I could afford more ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, it's so English rose aha! The trench is gorgeous! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress and want your bag! Infact seeing that bag made me browse accessorize and now I want SO MANY of their bags! Damn you! haha

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this look! Your hair, the polka dots, the oversized bow, the trench coat... everything about it is perfection!

    Autumn / winter wise, I'm looking forward to chunky knits, roaring log fires and many cups of hot chocolate! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely outfit, Sarah! Love anything with polka dots on! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground