Pages

03.09.2012- Monday Must-haves: Winter Wardrobe Special

Monday, 3 September 2012

So September's here, and I've all but dusted off my winter coat when the typically unpredictable great British weather decides to grace us with another week of summer sunshine! Nevertheless, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that forewarned is forearmed, so have drawn up a wishlist of winter wardrobe essentials which I'm positive will make the transition into the colder months much less painful:


First and foremost, a good coat is the ultimate winter essential (because, let's face it, you're likely to be living in it until next April!) Whilst I've accumulated quite a collection over the last few years, I'm always on the lookout for something new, and this season I've fallen in love with this one by Sara and Amiee Berman for Urban Outfitters. Not only it is the perfect nod to the military styles which are set to be everywhere over the coming months, but I love the oversized, androgynous fit- the perfect investment piece for keeping cosy as the weather gets chillier. Speaking of cosy, I think the knits from Monki are amongst the best on the high street, and this pale pink style is the perfect girly shade- ideal for teaming with jeans or layering over a dress. In fact, I think it would look perfect with this All Saints smock dress, don't you? I've never been a dedicated All Saints shopper, but whilst having a browse of their website over the weekend I came across a few pieces which I really like- this frock being one of them. It goes without saying that I love the collar detail, and I think it would be a really versatile buy which could be worn season after season. Of course, no wishlist post would be complete without a sneaky floral addition, and when I spied this dress from Oasis, it took a lot of self control not to buy it straight away! The dark background is a beautiful contrast to the autumnal shades which make up the print, and the lace insert adds the perfect premium inspired finishing touch. Plenty of shoes here too, in the shape of these Topshop loafers and black studded slippers from Next, both of which are really versatile and the perfect trend-inspired updates to any outfit. I also spied these Chelsea boots from Clothing at Tesco at their AW12 press day, and have been waiting for them to arrive on the website ever since! For £15 you really can't go wrong, and again I think they're perfect for wearing with a lot of different pieces. Finally, burgundy looks set to be another core colour as we progress into autumn, so what better way to nod to the trend than with a splash of the shade (in the form of Topshop's Ruthless) on your nails?

Are you drawing up a winter wishlist? Which pieces will you be shopping for as the weather gets chillier?

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant selection. I love all of it. I really like those Chelsea Boots and paired with that white dress, they'd be beautiful!

    Sarah Betty xx
    http://sarahbetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Monki jumper and the All Saints dress! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wishlist, in particular the dress and pale pink jumper... the coat is lovely, not sure I could fork out that much though! xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground