Pages

08.09.2012- What I Wore Today #51 (FNO special!)

Saturday, 8 September 2012

Having been an avid attendee of the last few London Fashion's Night Out events (see posts here and here), I was so excited to see what the festivities this year had in store. Armed with a map and a detailed plan of where to go, and in the company of my pavement pounding pals, I was really lucky with what I managed to snap up (hello Vogue goody bag!) Whilst the goodies themselves and the details of the evening can wait for a little while longer, I thought I'd share what I wore with you- an outfit which combined a few recent purchases with some much-worn wardrobe favourites:

Top- Topshop
Skirt- American Apparel
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Carvela at Debenhams
Belt- Vintage (via Rokit)
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis
Bangle- present from my nan!

As soon as I spied this tee on the Topshop website, I knew that it would find a way into my wardrobe sooner or later. Of course I was sold the moment I saw the print, but the oversized fit also means it's a really great piece to style in a lot of different ways. On Thursday I wore it with my much loved maxi skirt from American Apparel, adding a bit more definition with a vintage belt from Rokit. I threw all of my essentials into my new Zara bag, but typically forgot to pack enough of the most essential FNO supply- plasters! To say my feet were cut to ribbons by these shoes from Carvela (just seen) might be something of an overstatement, but suffice it to say I was in enough pain to warrant the purchase of an emergency pair of flip-flops (£7 pair from Marc Jacobs, thank you for coming to my rescue!) As it is, I've been hobbling around for the best part of the day, but all the walking was worth it.
Did you go to any Fashion's Night Out events? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, I love the blue maxi skirt and very jealous of the watch!.. I still haven't bought myself a maxi skirt - they scare me for some reason! xx

    beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this top! I should have also bought a pair of flip flops. My feet are STILL hurting! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went and had the same foot problems! I plastered my feet up but they were still in agony! I went to the Delilah gig in Topshop, that was pretty good x x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground