Pages

17.09.2012- What I Wore Today #53

Monday, 17 September 2012

In the midst of this hectic London Fashion Week, it seems I've got a lot to catch up on! Alas real life has slightly spoiled the party as I've been busy at work over the last few days (hello again ten hour shifts!), so have a lot get up to speed with over a cup of tea when I get a moment or two. I spent today, however, catching up with a friend from uni over lunch before popping to the cinema to catch Anna Karenina (more on that in a future post I'm sure!), so opted for a comfy combination of some recent purchases:

 Jacket- Zara
Dress- Carin Wester for Urban Outfitters
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- Marks and Spencer
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

This jacket is from Zara's TRF range, and is something I ordered as soon as I saw a shot of it in their new season lookbook. I tried on a similar aviator style in dark brown when I went to Brighton a few weeks ago, but am very glad I held off purchasing that in favour of this style, which I think is a lot more versatile. Not only do I love the flecked grey material, but the fluffy collar and lining will be so cosy during the winter. The Carin Wester dress is another new purchase- something I'd seen on the Urban Outfitters website at the start of the spring, but which I could never justify splurging on, given that the full price was well in excess of £100. However, whilst having a browse of their website last week, I saw it had been reduced to a bargain £40! Again proof that it pays to be patient! I love the flared shape and pleat details, and the neutral dusky pink shade makes it a really simple wardrobe classic. Finally, although this bag from Marks and Spencer is a good few years old, I think it co-ordinates perfectly with the dress and adds a lovely ladylike finishing touch to this outfit.

Are you gearing up for winter? And have you caught any action from London Fashion Week?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your jacket!! It's perfection:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the jacket, the TRF range has improved so much since a few years ago! Bargain dress too, UO do great sales! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. In LOVE with your jacket Sarah! I could definitely do with something like that in my wardrobe, it looks so nice and warm! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that bag! the ribbon and detail on the front are so pretty x

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous outfit, so chic! That coat looks so cosy and warm for the winter too!xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground