Pages

20.09.2012- Keira does Karenina

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Earlier in the week, I mentioned that I'd popped along to the cinema to see Anna Karenina. Having been entranced by the early trailers released to promote the film, I was really excited to see what it would be like, but have to confess that I was left a little bit disappointed. I don't know whether it's because the novel is such a weighty piece to adapt, or whether Anna is such a contradictory character that it makes it almost impossible to empathise with her, but for me some elements of the film fell a little bit flat. However, I was hugely impressed by the production design and the beautiful costumes, not to mention the stunning Chanel jewellery which Keira Knightley wears throughout the film. On a visual level, it succeeds wonderfully, and I think it's safe to say that it's easily one of the most stylish films of the year. Fitting then, that Keira is the cover star of the October issue of US Vogue, featuring in an editorial which showcases some stunning couture pieces, the likes of which wouldn't look out of place in a costume drama:

Keira Knightley for US Vogue October 2012, shot by Mario Testino and styled by Grace Coddington.
Have you seen Anna Karenina? If so, what did you think? And are you a fan of Keira's shoot for US Vogue?

(Image credit: Mario Testino via vogue.com.)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet but I'm excited to! I think you're right, Anna is such a backwards, ridiculously flawed heroine that she's really difficult to relate to, so that's probably why it was heavy going - the novel is, too :/ there's something about Kiera that I dont like, but that shoot is stunning!

    Gill
    gillianetc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to see the film, I think it will win a few awards for costumes and design. I'm not a huge Kiera fan though, I find her very dull and not engaging at all :(

      Delete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground