Pages

23.09.2012- What I Wore Today #55

Sunday, 23 September 2012

As I mentioned in Friday's post, one of the things which I enjoy the most about the seasons changing is rediscovering old pieces in my wardrobe. As we all know, the coat is a cold weather staple, particularly during our more unpredictable climate, and, on days like today, waterproof is always a winner! Although yesterday was lovely, there was definitely a distinct autumnal chill in the air, which prompted me to reach for one of my cosy essentials:

Coat- c/o Very 
Top- French Connection 
Jeans- Topshop 
Shoes- Topshop 
Bag- Zara 
Necklace- Whistles

You might remember this coat from Very from the start of the year, and it will come as no surprise that I've been eagerly biding my time before getting to wear it again. Not only is the camel colour a real classic, but the oversized fit also makes it perfect to wrap up in on chilly days. Whenever I wear it I always feel really elegant too, and it somehow feels like a timeless piece which I'll never get bored of wearing. Yesterday, for a day spent trekking around Westfield (and falling in love with the beautiful tea set from Zara Home pictured above!), I teamed it with some other wardrobe staples in the shape of this Breton top from French Connection, my ever-faithful Topshop jeans and Zara bag. In my head at least, this outfit was a homage to Parisian style- oddly appropriate as I'm going to spend this afternoon watching Midnight in Paris to avoid the downpours outside!

What are your favourite winter pieces? And how have you spent your weekend?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit! I love wearing stripes all year round & this one is very Autumnal!

    Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable and classic outfit. I love finding pieces that I've forgotten about when the seasons change, too :) My style's changed a lot over the past year, though, so it hasn't happened much this year - there's time left, yet, though! Haha.

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so simple and lovely, I adore that coat!

    //teandtwosuars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this coat is a beauty, I love it <3 cc

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground