Pages

17.10.2012- What I Wore Today #60

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

As I've mentioned in a few previous posts, there are few things more satisfying than picking up something which you've had your eye on for ages at a fraction of the original price. A few of my recent savvy sale purchases have rapidly become wardrobe favourites, most notably my Carin Wester dress from Urban Outfitters and Wisteria print jacket from Whistles, so I've been eagerly keeping my eyes peeled for some bargains in the mid season sales which are taking place all over the high street at the moment. My outfit from yesterday featured one of my favourite (and perhaps best value!) recent purchases:

Dress- Whistles
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Topshop
Tights- ASOS

I'd had my heart set on this dress from Whistles when I saw it in store a few months ago, but at full price it was well and truly out of my price range. However, when I saw last week that I had been reduced to half price, I snapped it up in a heartbeat! It will come as no surprise that I love the floral print (in fact it's the perfect sister piece to this blouse which I took on holiday), and I think it's something which will prove a real transitional staple. Yesterday I teamed it with tights and my cosy coat for a trip to The British Museum for their Shakespeare: Staging the World exhibition (definitely worth a visit before it closes next month), before heading to a very special event celebrating the first birthday of the Laura Ashley Blog- more on that to come soon!

Have you picked up any sale bargains? And what are your transitional staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. oh this dress is a beaut, hopefully one day I'll be able to buy something from Whistles! :p x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress...the colour is beautiful!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh the exhibition sounds good, I want to see the ballgown and hollywood ones at the V&A at the moment. Also, you should see the play Our Boys at the Duchess Theatre, very good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, this dress is stunning! I'm so happy you managed to snap one up - it really suits you :) Whistles is normally a little out of my price range - but your blog post makes me want to check out their sale! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress! Whistles clothes are so lovely but so expensive full price, I have a few good bargains from the John Lewis sale that always make me happy when I wear them. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground