Pages

24.10.2012- What I Wore Today #63

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Whilst the unpredictable weather at this time of the year generally means you'll find it increasingly hard to separate me from my duvet/blanket/slippers, one of the things which I love about the change in seasons is reuniting with some winter wardrobe favourites. From staple knits to scarves, there's something about rediscovering your best loved winter pieces which is really fun- especially if, like me, you're prone to forgetting all about the things which have a tendency to get lost behind newer purchases! With the weather set to take a chillier turn at the weekend, I've been eagerly digging out all of my cosiest cold weather clothes and thinking about how to style them. With this in mind, yesterday I updated one of my favourite winter pieces with some new accessories:

Dress- tba
Collar- Dorothy Perkins
Shoes- Topshop
Hat- Charity Shop
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

I've had this tba dress for nearly two years now and it's still one of my most treasured pieces. Although the velvet material and deep blue colour generally rule it out for summer wear, it's absolutely perfect for winter, and is something which I've returned to time and time again, especially when I'm stuck for something to wear on chillier days. Yesterday I chose to update it a little bit with this collar necklace from Dorothy Perkins, something I've been really keen to wear it since picking it up at the end of last month. I also dug out this hat which I picked up in a charity shop a fair few years ago (and which has been largely unworn since!) as a little fun touch to tie everything together (although rest assured I spent most of the time chasing after it in the wind!)

What are your winter wardrobe treasures? And do you enjoy rediscovering old pieces in your wardrobe?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

12 comments:

  1. This dress is beyond beautiful, I am so jealous!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the prettiest outfits ive seen in ages! i adore that dress! Simply put, you look stunning!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! What a lovely dress, I've got 1 tba dress in my wardrobe and it's definitely a prized possession! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaaahd, that dress is so beautiful! I'd love to own something from TBA, they sell the prettiest clothes. I do love anything which has a good swing to it! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with the dress! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that is so pretty! I can see why you love it. How gorgeous is that last photo?!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! been eying up a topshop velvet playsuit on ebay that is similar to this. Velvet is perfect for winter. I've got some lovely vintage scarves that I bring out every year for winter x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i must come live in your closet.

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have such a crush on that dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the velvet and the colour of the dress, the addition of the collar is lovely too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look stunning, as always. I love the dress, it's quite festive in a way and bet it's really comfy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress, the colour and velvet fabric are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground