Pages

28.10.2012- What I Wore Today #64

Sunday, 28 October 2012

As I found through taking part in the M&S Style Challenge, finding the perfect collection of work outfits is something of a minefield. First impressions are hugely important, but at the same time you want to wear pieces which are comfortable and which stay true to your personal style. Having recently started a new job (after over a year of looking since leaving university), I've been on the lookout for some smarter pieces which I can work into my existing wardrobe. Believe it or not, this job is the first I've had where I don't have to wear a uniform, so I'm really looking forward to putting together some new outfits and getting more wear out of some forgotten treasures. As such, my first day outfit incorporated some recent purchases as well as some old favourites:

Tee- Topshop 
Skirt- Whistles (via ASOS) 
Tights- Marks and Spencer 
Shoes- Topshop 
Bag- Accessorize 
Belt- Vintage (via Rokit) 

I'd admired the Whistles Carrie Skirt from afar around this time last year, but like most people I missed the boat as it sold out in a flash. However, when I saw that it had been relaunched for this season, I was determined not to miss out a second time. With the help of a sneaky ASOS discount code which was floating about last weekend, I saved a little bit of money on what I'm sure will prove a real wardrobe investment. Earlier in the week, I styled it with a basic Topshop tee (which I love), one of my favourite vintage belts and my much loved oversized bag from Accessorize. Comfy flats were essential too- particularly as I popped along to some events after finishing work- more on those to come soon, I'm sure!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. That is the prettiest little skirt! So worth the investment!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this skirt and it looks great mixed with a casual t shirt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see you on Thursday my lovely! Looking as gorgeous as ever! You always look so polished!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Hope the new job's going well - I still find it hard to dress for work some days, you're right though you have to keep your own style whilst being ad smart as you need to be x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh lovely the skirt is gorgeous, deffo a good investment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this skirt, the length and style are perfect! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground