Pages

29.10.2012- What I Wore Today #65

Monday, 29 October 2012

Well, the weather really has taken a chillier turn in the last few days or so hasn't it? With the evenings drawing in and things taking a decidedly gloomier turn, I've found myself reverting to some winter staples in an attempt to keep warm, but I'm also trying (albeit in vain!) to hold on to a slice of summer by reaching for some of my favourite florals, as I did today:

Dress- Dahlia
Cardigan-Zara 
Tights- Marks and Spencer 
Bag- Accessorize 
Shoes- Topshop 
Necklace- c/o Laura Ashley 
Mittens- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Rings- Topshop
Nails- Essie Bordeaux

This dress from Dahlia was a bargain find during the summer, but it's also something which is really easy to adapt to the colder temperatures. Teamed with a thick pair of tights and a cardigan, it's a refreshing change from a lot of the darker colours which I've found myself reaching for recently, and as I mentioned back in the summer, I love the vintage inspired shape. The cardigan from Zara is something which I picked up a fair few years ago (in fact I love it so much I've got two!), and it's real staple for the winter. If you've read some of my previous posts, then you'll know that I'm a bit of a fiend when it comes to anything cat related, so you can only imagine how excited I was when I opened my goodie bag from last week's F&F at Tesco event and found these adorable mittens! Not only are they the cutest gloves ever, but they're also really practical and I'm sure they'll be appearing in a few future posts if this cold snap continues! This outfit was finished off with the addition of this lovely feather necklace which I was gifted with from the Laura Ashley wish tree at their recent event- the perfect dainty touch to accessorise an old wardrobe favourite with.

Are you finding it chillier than normal? And are you updating any of your summer pieces for winter?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. I love the dress - It's just gorgeous, and you pair it up so well in this outfit!
    I'm your latest follower! :)
    Love
    Grace X
    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, the dress is really cute :) I hate now the weather has dropped :( I haven't actually updated any of my summer pieces yet it's been a case of getting the jumpers out instead lol.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chevrons (is that the right word?) on the front of that dress. I just dug out my big thick coat becausemy biker jacket just wasn't warm enough, It has been freezing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitten mittens! They were one of my top picks when I entered that Passion for Fashion competition with all the different looks. Think there's a matching cat beanie too? x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with Dahlia ;) I will be checking out their next sale as soon as I have some money to spare ! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground